Saturday, August 17, 2013

Tears for a TV wedding

On TV the other day, Bride-to-be gets a Barbie treatment for her bridal shower, not knowing Fiance is springing a surprise the morning after. She will be married the next day.When the surprise wedding unfolds, Bride gets teary-eyed with Groom's vows.

It was not my usual TV fare but I watched it anyway. I started tearing up too. At first, I didn't know why. But I came to realize it was about Skye.

I did not imagine a wedding scene would make me cry that hard. I would never get to experience walking Skye down the aisle. 

The longing for Skye comes to us at the most unexpected moments.When these moments come, we just let ourselves cry our hearts out.

I will never be the Father-Who-Walked-His-Daughter-Down-the-Aisle but I am and will forever be the Father-Who-Vowed-To-Take-Care-Of-His-Daughter-With-All-His-Strength-and-Love. 

Happy Eight Months, Skye!

No comments: