Sunday, September 4, 2011

I spy

One evening, Aires and I played "I Spy" with Heaven.

"I Spy" is a great guessing game, especially when travelling. It can be played many ways. "I spy something green." "I spy something big." "I spy the letter A."

Ours was different. When I said: "I spy Mickey Mouse." Heaven immediately responded: "I spy Donald Duck. What do you spy, Nanay?" Nanay Aires replied: "I spy Daisy Duck." To which, Heaven quickly retorted: "I spy Pete."

"Pete, who?" we asked. Pete is a Clubhouse character we are not familiar with.

Our "I Spy" became a word association game, more like "what belong together in a set?" Midway, we would change and lead him to another set. "I spy Superman" for super heroes. "I spent Agent Oso" for shows on Disney Junior. "I spy Justin" for a list of Heaven's classmates.

It went on and on. Aires suddenly shifted and said: "I spy Scotty." Without batting an eyelash, Heaven responded: "I spy James." I was dumbfounded because I could not immediately find a connection to Aires' Scotty. And Heaven beat me to it. Of course, Scotty and James were American Idol contestants.

Aires took it to another level when she said: "I spy Willing-Willie." Just to check if Heaven is exposed to TV shows other than the Disney Junior shows we allow him to watch. In a blitz, Heaven said: "I spy Babaeng Hampaslupa."

Gotcha!!!

We made quite a ruckus. Aires and I laughed our heads off. "So you are watching what you are not supposed to watch!" we told Heaven.

Heaven then said: "I spy Babaeng Hampaslupa no more!" Which was true. Babaeng Hampaslupa stopped airing many weeks ago.

When it was to sleep, I said: "I spy Heaven sleeping."

And Heaven said: "I spy wake up Heaven." Darn! This is a game I can't ever win against Heaven. I simply can't spy what goes on in his beautiful mind.



No comments: