Saturday, July 27, 2013

26 and 27

26 and 27 are milestone numbers to us.

26, of course, is Heaven's hello. 27 is Skye's goodbye. 

We can't help but play our "would-have" and "what-if" imagining of a life with Skye. Kuya Heaven will be a wonderful big brother. If you ask Heaven now, what will he do if his sister is still alive. His response is quick. "I will take care of her." How? "I will feed her. I will play with her. I will not punch her."

Nanay will surely dote on Skye. She will exclusively breastfeed Skye. She will dress her up. Skye will definitely be Aires' Mini-Me.

Tatay will be the protective dude. Not even a fly can hurt my Skye. I will have Heaven assist me when I sing songs and tell stories to Skye. We will sing the ABCs and count 123. 

Simple math tells us that 1 is the difference between 26 and 27. But we know otherwise. Between 26 and 27 spans a lifetime. 

No comments: