Thursday, January 7, 2010

Be better


That’s what I will be this year.

A better husband. When Ondoy turned our lives upside down, I tried to be my family’s anchor, the one that Aires can rely on. There were times though when I almost gave up and could have fallen flat on my face.

A better father. When Heaven turned one year, we counted all our blessings. But I must be reminded always and listen to Aires’ words of wisdom. “Think of Heaven before you make any decision.”

A better son. When Mama got sickly this year, I was not there to play the role of the first born. I hope I can do a better job this year.

A better brother. When I got married, I vowed that my family would come first, all the time. But this should not stop me from caring for my brothers and sister. Sometimes, a “Hello. How are you?” will do.

A better friend. Drop a line. Say Thank You. Greet Happy Birthday.

A better worker. It has been 10 years since I started in UNICEF. I can still share more with UNICEF or other organizations.

A better person. When things went awry last year, I honestly did not know how I would survive. But I am still here. Scarred but still hopeful that I will look back at 2010 with better memories.

No comments: