Saturday, February 9, 2008

Miracle baby

I believe in dreams. I believe in miracles.
My wife and I learnt that she was finally pregnant. We had been trying for the last six years. The news came unexpectedly. It took Aires two pregnancy kits to believe. It took me just one. Just one look at the second strip of pink of the first tester --- I believed.

This is a difficult pregnancy. Aires had to stay home, away from crowds. Pills and injections everyday. She knows that this is one chance we cannot just take to chance.

We did everything. She went under the knife. So did I. She took fertility pills. I had my vitamins. We prayed a lot. We danced in Obando. We went to pilgrims. Always believing. Never losing hope.

We are still doing everything to keep this pregnancy going. Our baby will be born in August. We know that he or she will be one healthy baby. To others like us, believe. In dreams. In miracles.

No comments: